The JCP steering committee met this week to discuss all of the suggestions put forth at the Town Hall. For those of you interested in joining a committee, we will be sending out emails in the near future with further details.
We would again like to thank everyone who has been engaged in this project at any time. The tireless efforts of members, past and present, ensure that we keep moving forward.
We would like to thank and acknowledge the contributions made by organizations to the JCP:
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation for funding the feasibility study.
- Our Trustee at the West Toronto Services for Seniors, who supported us from day one.
- Our consultants: urbanMetrics and E.R.A. Architects for their valued work.
- The City of Toronto and the departments of Community Revitalization, Social Development and Finance and Administration for their help.
- The Ryerson School of Interior Design students for their innovative visioning ideas for the building.
- The Junction Farmers Market board of directors for their guidance and financial contribution.
- SMASH Gallery for letting us use their beautiful space for our many, many meetings.
- Four Villages Health and West Toronto Keys to Inclusion and their many volunteers.
- Our local politicians, municipal, provincial and federal, for their enthusiastic support of the project.
- The Junction Residents Association for always including the JCP in their newsletter.
- 3030 for the use of their space for the first Town Hall.
- The Masonic Temple for the use of their space for the second Town Hall.
- The West Toronto Junction Historical Society for their contribution to the second Town Hall meeting.
- The Junction BIA for inviting the JCP to participate in the Summer Solstice Festival.
We would also like to thank the following organizations for their time and advice:
- Swansea Town Hall
- Institute for Municipal Finance and Governance at the University of Toronto
- Alternative Grounds
- Riverdale Hub
- The Stop
- Windmill Development Group
- Iller Campbell LLP
- The Store Community Hub